A menstrual cycle is a cycle from the first day of your period to the first day of your next cycle, adding up to 28 days. However, it can vary from person to person and from month to month. You can still have your regular periods every 24 to 38 days. Periods become irregular when the time between the last period of your first cycle and the first period of your next cycle changes. This can bring many changes to your body, sooner or later. You can get many of the home remedies for irregular periods. Treatment of irregular periods depends on how well your monthly cycle works. If you or someone you know is experiencing adverse bodily changes due to irregular periods, you may want to consider talking to the experts at Sunshine HospitalHyderabad.
What can bring irregular periods to your body?
There can be a variety of reasons for irregular periods. You may experience less menstrual flow. Despite this, there may be heavy, irregular, prolonged or no periods. This is known as menorrhagia. Common symptoms can live up to 7 days and bleeding can change from heavy to light, causing a change in your body’s productivity. Common causes of menorrhagia can include:
- Medications: Certain medications can bring about changes in your bleeding pattern. Heavy bleeding is the side effect of using birth control pills.
- Hormonal imbalances: There can be an excessive release of hormones that can lead to an imbalance in the production of estrogen or estrogen, the hormones responsible for heavy bleeding. This hormonal imbalance can cause you to approach menopause before the required age.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions such as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), inherited blood disorders, endometriosis, benign growths, and cancers can cause menstrual irregularities.
What are the best home remedies for irregular periods?
Yoga can help to have the treatment of menstrual flow. If you do 30-40 minutes of yoga every day for 6 months, you can bring regularity to your menstrual flow. Yoga can also help you reduce menstrual pain and emotional symptoms associated with menstruation. There is a medical condition known as primary dysmenorrhea that can lead to extreme pain during menstruation periods. It can affect women of reproductive age. Yoga helps reduce the symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea. In addition, it helps you combat the symptoms of anxiety and depression, and improve your quality of life.
Try to maintain a healthy body weight
Changes in your body can affect the way you menstruate. If you have a heavy body, you can try to lose your body weight. is one of the best home remedies for irregular periods and it works for all women. In general, people who experience irregular periods are usually obese. This is due to the large production of fat cells and the pressure of hormones in your body. If you are trying to lose weight, you can talk to your doctor about the same. Losing weight can also help you socially and physically, as well as bringing regularity to your menstrual cycle.
Have a little exercise session every day
Exercise helps you with several benefits. Once you start to reach your moderate weight, you can start to lose PCOS symptoms and it can also bring about changes related to your irregular periods. Exercise can help with the symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea. This works by reducing the intensity and duration of pain during the menstrual flow or cycle.
Add some antioxidants to your diet
Ginger is one of the best. home remedies for irregular periods that can affect you both biologically and scientifically. It can bring about effective changes in your body as far as menstruation is concerned. Ginger can also help you reduce heavy menstrual bleeding and change it back to normal. If you consume almost 750 grams of ginger in your food during the first 3-4 days of your periods, you can get an effective treatment for painful periods. Ginger affects mood, physical changes, behavioral symptoms, and premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Add a little cinnamon to your food
Cinnamon appears to have some exceptional benefits for menstrual problems. It helps regulate the menstrual cycle and helps women treat PCOS. Despite this, cinnamon has a possible effect in reducing menstrual pain and excessive bleeding. It is one of the proven treatments for nausea and vomiting and symptoms associated with primary dysmenorrhea. It is one of the safe and effective ways to treat PCOS, especially for young women and those who suffer from primary dysmenorrhea.
Get your daily dose of vitamins
Low levels of vitamin D can bring irregularities in the menstrual cycle. It can make you go through irregular periods along with deficiency. It is best to take regular doses of vitamin D if you have missed your periods.
- Vitamins help control the flow of the menstrual cycle during PCOS. Vitamin D is often added to many foods such as milk and other dairy products or grains.
- If you lack the efficient amount of vitamin D, you can consume vitamins along with sunlight, which is one of the great sources of vitamin D.
- While women are trying to conceive, they are often suggested to take vitamin B. It can also help regulate the flow of their menstrual cycle and the flow of regular periods.
- Vitamin B also reduces the risk of premenstrual symptoms. You can also look for the type of foods that are good sources of B vitamins, which significantly help combat PMS symptoms.
If you are taking regular doses of your vitamins, including daily doses of calcium, you can reduce PMS symptoms. You can buy most of these supplements from reputable sources. You can also talk to your doctor about the same and you can get the necessary supplements as needed. Try to provide complete information to your doctor. Also, if you are not comfortable, it is better to seek help from any female doctor.