Weather: Humidex 31 for Sunday, then a wetter and seasonal week

article content

The hot and heavy atmosphere we have been experiencing will last another day, as the local tulips race through their life cycle. But relief is yet to come and much-needed rain is forecast.

article content

Environment and Climate Change Canada’s weather bureau is forecasting mostly cloudy skies for Sunday with a 30 per cent chance of showers early this morning and a 70 per cent chance of showers this afternoon, and a risk of a thunderstorm.

The winds will be variable between 5 and 10 km / hour for Sunday.

The fog patches will dissipate this morning. A maximum of 26 C will feel like 31 with the humidex. UV index 7 or higher.

The mercury reached 31.2 C yesterday, beating the 2004 record of 30.7 C, by the way.

For Sunday night, the forecast calls for partly cloudy skies and a 70 percent chance of showers early tonight with a risk of a thunderstorm and a low of 14 C.

Monday should start with a mix of sun and clouds, becoming cloudy in the afternoon with showers, then a chance of a thunderstorm in the late afternoon. Wind becoming south 20 km / h with gusts of 40 late in the afternoon.

The maximum will be (only) 22 C with temperatures dipping to 16 C in the afternoon. Humidex 25. UV index 8 or very high.

As for the rest of the week, it looks like a rainy Tuesday with a high of 11 C and a high of 23 and sunshine for Thursday.

The average temperatures for this date are a maximum of 19 C and a minimum of 7.6 C.

The sun rose at 5:32 on Sunday morning and will set at 8:35.

Leave a Comment