(CBS DETROIT) – The American Red Cross will sponsor a blood drive at the Costick Center in Farmington Hills, encouraging people to get involved and help with the critical need for blood.
Blood donated during this event will be used in local hospitals for emergency and trauma care, surgery, and treatment of serious illnesses.
READ MORE: Halfway to Halloween: Here are the events happening on Friday the 13th
Officials say all trying donors will be entered into a raffle to win $25 gas gift cards. There will be four winners drawn.
In addition to this, there will also be a t-shirt giveaway, while supplies last.
READ MORE: Reward offered for information leading to arrest in 2019 murder of 2 men in Detroit
In alignment with CDC guidance, the American Red Cross has updated its pandemic safety protocols:
- Face masks are no longer required in blood drives.
- Social distancing will continue whenever possible.
- Donor mask requests will be accommodated where close interaction occurs.
- People can choose to wear a mask and masks will be available for attendees.
The blood drive will take place on June 15, from 8 am to 8 pm at the Costick Center in Farmington Hills, located from 8 am to 8 pm at the Costick Center, located at 28600 W. Eleven Mile Road.
Here are some things to know about donating blood:
- Donating blood takes about an hour.
- Eligible donors must be in good general health, weigh at least 115 pounds, and be 17 years of age or older.
- 16 year olds can donate blood if a parent is present to complete a permission form on the day of the blood drive.
MORE NEWS: Dakkota Integrated Systems officially opens this week on the site of Detroit’s former Kettering High School
© 2022 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.