Are you planning to bring your family members to Dubai for a visit? In recent years, the rules for obtaining a visit visa for Dubai have become stricter. You need to provide certain documents and pay fees to obtain the Dubai visit visa for your family.
Residents (called sponsors), whose monthly salary is not less than AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 + accommodation, can obtain visit visas for immediate family members.
Short-term visa: 30 days
Long-stay visa: 90 days
Extensions beyond this period are not allowed.
Short-term visa: AED 620 application fee + typing fees
Long term visa: AED 1120 application fee + typing fees.
A deposit of AED 1,000 must be paid, which can be refunded after your family member has left the country.
• Typed application form
• A copy of the passport of the sponsor and family member
• 1 family photo (may be required)
• Marriage contract certified by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Embassy (to sponsor a wife or husband)
• Certified birth certificates (for child sponsors)
• Proof of relationship certified by the Embassy (in case the relationship cannot be proven with the surnames in the passport of the sponsor and the relative)
• Certified employment contract if the sponsor works in a private company or a salary certificate if he works in the government.
• Travel insurance.
• Bank statement is also required as per this report.
1. Go to any authorized typing office and get the application form.
2. Go to DNRD and send along with your documents to the Visa Section.
3. Send original or copy to your family member. If only one copy was sent, please deposit the original at the airport or at the DNATA counter at DNRD. It is advisable to deposit the visa giving enough time for the flight to land. It is also the sponsor’s responsibility to ensure that all travel arrangements are made for your family member, including ‘Ok to board’ which may be required by some airlines.
For more information, visit the DNRD website or call their toll-free friendlyAmer service at 800-5111